Home Opus List St. Michael & All Angels Anglican, Christchurch - Blitz organ

St. Michael & All Angels Anglican, Christchurch - Blitz organ


2011st_michaelandallangelschristchurch-blitz

 

This instrument was installed in St. Michael and All Angels while the main organ was being repaired and enlarged after being damaged in the various earthquakes. The 'Blitz' organ was originally made by the firm of Henry Willis & Sons from parts of instruments damaged in the second World War air raids over Liverpool with the majority of parts said to have come from the Wallasey Town Hall.. It was installed in Te Awamutu Methodist Church and opened on the 25th June 1951. In the early 1980's it was sold to the South Island Organ Company. It was installed in St. Michael and All Angels and opened on the 22 May 2011.

Mechanical action on one soundboard that has been divided and sealed into two divisions.

Great Organ (CC - a 58 notes)
Open Diapason         8'
Stopped Diapason    8'
Dulciana                    8'
Principal                    4'

Swell Organ (CC - a 58 notes)
Open Diapason        8'
Aeoline                     8'
Lieblich Flute            4'
Oboe                        8'

Pedal Organ (CCC - F 30 notes)
Bourdon                 16'

Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
 
Supported by HotSource IT