|Swell to Choir|
|Swell to Great|
|Choir to Great|
|Great to Pedal|
|Swell to Pedal|
|Swell Octave to Pedal|
|Choir to Pedal|
|Choir Octave to Pedal|
3 manual & pedals, electro-pneumatic, R&C pedalboard
In June 1996 the redundant 1897 Jenkins organ originally built for Dunedin’s Moray Place Congregational Church, left New Zealand for its new home at St. Aidan’s Uniting Church, North Balwyn, Melbourne.
The west gallery of this fine modern Church was enlarged and altered to accommodate the 36 strong, mixed choir, and rebuilt organ with its new detached drawstop console.
The organ is almost a twin of the Jenkins in Knox Presbyterian Church, Christchurch, and like it, was enlarged to three manuals in the rebuild.
In its final years in Dunedin the fine Canadian Redwood case and diapered front pipes were covered over with plywood and silver paint, and the action poorly converted from tracker to electro-pneumatic.
For its new home the original appearance of the organ has been recreated, the pipe decoration being done by master decorator Marc Nobel of Melbourne. Pipework for the new third manual came from a contemporary redundant Melbourne organ by George Fincham.
The new organ has been enthusiastically received, and has been used for a number of public events including recitals by Thomas Heywood and Dame Gillian Weir.