More Than a Pipe Dream
$99.99 Incl GST
More Than a Pipe Dream is an enjoyable read that pays homage to the highly skilled individuals in the South Island Organ Company who have dedicated much of their lives to designing, building and restoring pipe organs, highly complex musical instruments as they are. It unveils an impressive amount of detail about this unique company. The book is a 50 years long story, full of exhilarating highs and soul-wrenching lows, achievements and lessons, people and life-long relationships, as well as some secrets of the instruments construction and the art of restoration.
The book is ready for distribution.
by multi-award-winning author Jill Worrall
Book – over 300 pages – full colour quality publication – hard cover & printed on 128 gsm paper
Produced by Renaissance Publishing
1.65kg 29cm x 25cm x 2.5cm
Here are some comments:
- “Thrilled to have the book arrive today. What a gorgeous production it is and how poignant the earthquake stories and images. Thank you and I will enjoy it in greater detail as the days go by”. – Tim McWhannell
- “The book has arrived….amidst the busy day, I just had to have a quick flip through. I am absolutely gobsmacked! What a magnificent publication – accolades all round!
You have exceeded! I am wordless, and speechless! Bravo!” – Roy Tankersley
- “The book arrived today! Excellent publication” – Alan Edwards
- To John: “I enjoyed the book…indeed more than a pipe dream, that’s for sure. From it I can see you’ve had a remarkable and interesting career amongst some great talented craftsmen and artisans and have formed a great company in SIOC which you must be proud of. The tragedy of the losses SIOC suffered with the deaths of your men following the earthquakes is so sad and I am sure is a deep loss to you and Val personally. But what an outstanding first 50 years” – Craig Maclean & family
- “My copy has arrived. It is superb!! Many thanks to Val and John, and to all those who had input into its publication” – Robert Cleaver
|Dimensions||290 × 250 × 25 mm|